This statement sets out the Office of the National Safety Regulator’s (ONRSR) policies relating to the privacy and security of your personal information and security of your other information. This privacy and security statement applies only to onrsr.com.au (“site”).
When you visit our website, some of the information that is collected about your visit is not personal information, as it does not reveal your identity.
This site collects and uses the following information from users:
- Site visit information
- A record of your visit which may include the following information for statistical purposes - the user's IP address, the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed, and documents downloaded, and the type of device, browser and operating system used. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs or those of our service provider's.
- A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we use do not identify individual users, although they do identify the user's internet browser, hardware device and IP address.
- Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies, or to notify you when they are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website.
- The site retains the contact details of people who utilise the 'Contact us' facility, do that we may respond to the query. Contact details will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in accordance with section 244 of the Rail Safety National Law.
- Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite its best efforts, ONRSR makes no warranties that our website is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software. ONRSR will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense resulting from any breach of a security measure (including viruses or other unauthorised software).
- The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis that you carefully read the information provided.
Last updated: 29 March 2021