This statement sets out the ONRSR’s policies relating to the privacy and security of your personal information and security of your other information. This privacy and security statement applies only to this site.
This site collects and uses the following information from users:
- A record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes - the user's IP address, the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous website visited and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify users or
their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider's logs. This information is analysed at the end of each month to determine the site's usage statistics.
- The site retains the email address of people who send emails through the 'Contact us' facility, for the purpose of sending a response. They are stored in a secure area and will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
- If you seek to submit websites for registration on this site, you are asked to supply information about your organisation, its location and web site details and your contact details.
- Such information may or may not be personal information. Nonetheless, you consent to the use of this information to establish ownership of the material and to enable site administrators to contact website administrators/content owners, to confirm (or not) the website registration and advise them of
the link being published on this site. The information is then kept for contact purposes in the course of monitoring site currency. The information is stored in a secure area of the site's system.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in accordance with section 244 of the Rail Safety National Law (South Australia) Act 2012.
- This site and the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator are responsible for the privacy and security of information while it is collected, stored on or passing through this site.
- You should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should utilise this site.
- Please note that this site contains links to a large number of other web sites that are included on the basis of containing content related to matters of National Rail Safety. When a user has clicked on a link to another website, they leave this site and this privacy and security statement does not
apply to those websites.
- The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis that you carefully read the information provided.
Last updated: 10 September 2013